5 Signs It May Be Time For Hospice Care
Considering hospice care as an option for loved ones with a life-limiting illness is a very challenging decision, made by the patients and their families. Being faced with a loved one’s pain and symptoms can be difficult, but by recognizing the signs of hospice, you can avoid the unnecessary discomforts and pains that hospice agencies manage.
Here are 5 signs it may be time to contact us for hospice care.
- Frequent hospitalizations or trips to the ER
- Rapid decline in health over past six months, even with aggressive medical treatments
- Uncontrolled pain, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting
- Decreasing alertness, withdrawal, increased sleeping or mental confusion
- Decision to focus on quality of life, instead of aggressive treatments.
At Armonia, we offer pain management to alleviate pain and other discomforts. If your loved one is not doing well or displays some of these 5 warning signs, suggest they seek hospice care.