How to Choose a Hospice Provider
Hospice care is a service that we all may need someday – if not for ourselves, for our loved ones. While death is not an option for any of us, we do have choices about the services we use at the end of life.
Hospice offers a variety of benefits, not only to those of us who are dying but also to those we leave behind-making it un undoubtedly the best option in the last months of life.
So, how do you find the most appropriate hospice? Start by:
• Seeking professional opinions.
• Ask around! Friends, families, neighbors, etc.
• Determine if the hospice is accredited.
We also recommend that when you are interviewing a hospice, take notes and ask questions such as:
• What type of care or training will they provide?
• What is the typical response time during or after business hours?
• How quickly can a plan of care be developed?
• What kind of out-of-pocket expenses should you anticipate?
• What type of bereavement support is provided?
Ready to reach out and learn more about Armonia. Let our knowledgeable staff tell you more and walk you through the entire process.